Tuesday, October 5, 2010

NETWORKED STUDENT

The networked student is a new idea and term for me. I always kind of felt I used every resource I could but I guess I was not using enough to be considered a networked student. Once again I am not sure I i totally agree with this. I feel a teacher should have a hand in every part of their students development. I do not agree with the hands off approach. I know personally some the best teacher I have ever had in both college and high school were hands on teacher and were their for me whenever I need them.

Relying on interacting through a web cam will cause students to not interact ONE ON ONE. When that happens you lose out on your communication and interacting skills. People skills have recently fell to the waist side in the past few years and I think it is just said.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Logan,
    I do understand what you are talking about with being a hands on teacher but I think that a networked student would actually be taught to learn. This method isn't taking away the teacher to student connection because the teacher is the person explaining the work yo the students. However, the students get to discover many things for themselves. I think it is very important for students to discover and learn on their own because it keeps them interested in their learning. Most students do not learn when a teacher just talks most of the class but when they have to do an activity they are really learning for themselves.
    Tierra Dinkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to proof read your post for spelling and capitalization. It does not meet the 3rd grade standards we have adopted in this class as a result of Ms. Yollis' comments.

    How would you describe a "hands on teacher"?

    Missing two parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you are not missing two parts. They are just in separate post. Please combine them into one post (this post this time).

    Well, you are supposed to be developing your PLN. Where are you in that process? What did you learn from the 7th grader's PLE that will be useful in the construction of your PLN?

    Did you watch The Machine Is Changing Us or just read the title? There is no evidence that you watched the video from what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that you are used to educators teaching with hands on equipments, but if you take a closer look, almost all teachers have some type of new technology in their classrooms. In my opinion, you can actually interact more over the web-cams because you are comfortable and relaxed in your environment. Being a networked student enhances your communication skills and ability of self-learning.

    ReplyDelete