Monday, November 1, 2010

Blog Assignment #10

After reading Morgan's blog, I am happy to know other students go through the same difficulties that I do. She couldn't have said it in a better way. When I am sitting in my two hour classes two and three times a day, I find it very difficult to concentrate and participate. I also find it difficult in the early morning classes. Classes always seem to be more enjoyable when the professors include the students in the lecture topics and allow us to communicate with each other. Class is usually always more fun when the professor asks the students questions throughout the lecture, this always seems to get my attention to the material instead starring off into space. I know i can bet you if the classes were not as long, it would help us as students to retain all of the information given by the professor. I feel like the professors try to squeeze all of the material into these two hour sessions.

I feel like if students were participating more in the lectures then maybe they wouldn't wonder off and get bord with the material. Shortened class could even be a start to maybe trying to get student to pay more attention in class.

My sentence:

I am trying to better the younger generations with my inspiration of me getting a degree and making something good of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Logan,

    I agree with your post. I think we, as future educators, need to always keep our lectures and activities creative and entertaining no matter what age we teach. I believe students will respond better to that technique than just staring at them and reading from a book or slide.

    I also liked your sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan,

    I agree that some students do not have a long attention span, especially when they are merely listening to a teacher lecture. Students do need to be involved to better process in the information. I hope you remember these two things when you become a teacher.

    I think it is great that you are setting an example for the younger generation. Kids need role models! I was wondering where your second question and response to the blog post about students leaving their pencils at school are at?

    ReplyDelete