Monday, September 27, 2010

The Benefits of Podcasting in the classroom, 100 ways to used your iPod to Learn and Study Better, Eagles' Nest Radio Episode #3

I have anyways heard about podcast since I have had an iPod for years but in those years I have never used or downloaded a podcast. Thanks to "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better," I figured out where podcast come from and when they started. This article was probably more informative then the rest. My favorite out of the three links that I looked at was the 3rd graders. Eagles' Nest Radio was really interesting to me. The third graders spoke very well. The only problem I saw with their podcast was that the music was heard over what they were saying. My last link I seen "The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom" by Joe Dale. The most interesting part to me was how a sick student could get the day lecture at their house and still be product for that day at school even though they were sick.

2 comments:

  1. Logan,
    I too knew what a podcast was, I just really never took the time to download one. I also LOVED the Eagle’s Nest Radio podcast’s. The children were so cute and excited to be having “their own radio show”. I think that just goes to show that podcast’s can be useful in any classroom setting from elementary school to college. I also thought that the music was a little bit too loud during parts of the podcast, but overall it was wonderful. Joe Dale’s point that sick students wouldn’t fall as far behind was a great one. Personally I think that it could be useful for students who were away on sports trips or band trips, or on field trips for another class as well. All of those situations come up very often so it would most certainly be a benefit to have a way to podcast the lectures.

    Stephanie Dunaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 days late Brief. Eagle's Nest is great isn't it!

    ReplyDelete