Sunday, September 12, 2010

It’s Not about the Technology

I must say that I agree with Hines 100% on her issue about technology. I like the way she said that technology is good in so many ways. But she also says that even though we have all of this fancy technology if we have no one who knows how to use it then what's the point of having it. I've been in many classes where the teacher on the first day of class spends the first 30 minutes trying to figure out how to use a Smart Board rather than use the old fashion overhead projector.

What I'm trying to say is that technology is steady evolving everyday. Teachers have to keep obtaining information so they can stay up with them.

1 comment:

  1. Logan, I completely agree with you. Technology is great, and it can be really helpful in the classroom. However, when a teacher doesn't know how to use it, it can actually be harmful. I have also been in many classes where the lecture is wasted on technological issues. It is the teacher's job and responsibility to know how to use the tools they need to teach. Like you said, new technological tools are being invented everyday. Teachers must learn how to operate them to successfully run their classroom. Thank you!
    -Kathryn Buchanan

    ReplyDelete