Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Vision of Students Today

In the video entitled "A Vision of Students Today," I feel like the person who made the video used education to make it seem like college students are basically getting whipped out of money and are just doing a lot of useless task. Me being a college student I acually understand a lot of what the video was saying. My books almost cost more than my scholarship seems like. Most of the time the teacher doesn't even use the book half of the time. There may be a time where I'm in class and I may hear the teacher say something that doesn't pertain to my life or my major. It's just crazy because I just do not see the point in some of the thing they are trying to teach us!

1 comment:

  1. Your assignment has been posted to 4 different posts. They must all be in a single post. Please move them (copy/paste) into this post. I will comment on all of them here.

    Dr. Wesch's movie is not about money.It raises many questions. Some about how students respond to "old fashioned" teaching. Some about how teaching is not working.

    Gary Hayes' data are estimates on previous counts. They are accurate in the sense that they represent the magnitude of the change that is happening second by second. He modifies his algorithms regularly.

    So you think your teachers in adequately prepared you without using new technologies? I disagree and I expect you will discover that I am correct all too soon! Bt the way, Mr. Fisch wrote a blog post. He did not have a video.

    If teachers don't know how to use technology, why have it? A good point you make in your comments on Ms. Hines post. But taking into consideration what Mr. Fisch wrote, we could also ask why have those teachers? Mr. Fisch does say that we should offer training so they will be able to use the technologies. But if they don't want to learn, what then?

    ReplyDelete